This is an overview of those rules - if you require more detailed information about your own circumstances please call us on 03448 920 902.Yes, anyone with a low income may be able to get Housing Benefit subject to the conditions being met.Council Tax Reduction - If you're on a low income and need financial help to pay all or part of your council tax bill, you may be able to get Council Tax Reduction.

If you need to contact the Benefits service please call 01253 658 658 or email [email protected]

Housing Benefit - If you're on a low income and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit.

We will ask you to provide us with an estimate of your likely earnings and make an award of Housing Benefit for a temporary period.

At the end of this temporary period we will expect you to provide actual figures to allow us to calculate the net profit.

Yes, if the net profit from the business is high enough we will deduct from your net profit any Tax or National Insurance contributions you are due to pay.

If you make any qualifying pension contributions we will also allow half of these.

You will need to book this service in advance but you need to be aware this can delay your application.

There are specific Housing Benefit rules that apply if you are self employed.

If you live in the SE16 3 postcode area, you must apply for Universal Credit online, instead of housing benefit.

This will apply to residents in the SE15 1 and SE15 2 postcode areas from 9 November 2016.

Important information for residents living in the SE15 1, SE15 2, and SE16 3 postcode areas: Universal Credit is replacing housing benefit in some areas of the Lewisham borough.